OverviewThis is one of three popular routes up to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. There are lots of combinations and other routes too, so please enquire with our team if you’d like to see more options.
- Mti Mbukwa Camp
- Shira Camp 1
- Shira Camp 2
- Barranco Camp
- Karanga Camp
- Barafu Camp
- Mweka Camp
Duration:(8 Days/7 Nights)
Price From (based on 2 people sharing):US$3503 per Person
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) conservation fees, entry fees, rescue fees, camping fees as applicable to the planned itinerary
- Kilimanjaro National park trained and certified English-speaking guide/s
- Trained and certified porters monitored by KPAP ensuring fair treatment (1 porter per person for personal mountain luggage of 15kg max.)
- Trained cook / chef and eating utensils (including cutlery and crockery).
- Meals indicated on the itinerary [B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner]
- 1 x transfer from Moshi to Park Gate per group and 1 x transfer from park gate to Moshi per group
- Boiled drinking water on trek (from first camp onwards)
- Basic first aid kit per group
- Camping chair/s, table/s, dining / mess tent
- Four season sleeping tent per two passengers sharing
- Shared public toilet facilities at campsites
- 1 emergency oxygen cylinder per group
- Additional acclimatization day on trek
- 1 x basic sleeping mat per person
- International flights
- Tips / gratuities (see our fair and transparent tipping guide below)
- Water on the first day of trek
- Beverages such as soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Metal and hard plastic bottles, water bladders etc (note: no soft plastics are permitted on the mountain)
- Items of personal nature
Day 1Depart Moshi to Londorosi gate, upon arrival at the gate complete park formalities, you will then be driven to Lemosho starting point, start your hike through a rain forest while enjoying watching wild animals.
Day 2Continue through the forest, steeply climbing into the heather and moorland zone, crossing the Shira Ridge, and descending into the Shira Plateau
Day 3A slow-paced hike across the Shira Plateau through the heather and moorland
Day 4This day is designed for acclimatization. Today you will conquer the Great Barranco Wall with the view of Heim glacier on the top. The trail winds down to Karanga Valley. You will then proceed with a steep climb to Karanga Camp.
Day 5This day is designed for acclimatization. Today you will conquer the Great Barranco Wall with the view of Heim glacier on the top. The trail winds down to Karanga Valley. You will then proceed with a steep climb to Karanga Camp.
Day 6Today your trek involves a steep climb where you may have a spectacular view of Kibo peak if cloudless. You will then proceed with your trek on empty and dry landscape to Barafu Camp. You will arrive at the camp early, have a good rest before your summit trek around midnight. The word “Barafu” means Ice, this camp is located on a rocky, exposed ridge.
Day 7Around mid-night begins a steep climb over loose volcanic scree. Slow and steady pace will take you towards Stella point. Take a short rest at Stella point (5685m), proceed with your ascent to Uhuru peak (5895m). You will normally encounter snow on your way to the peak. Spend few minutes on the top of the mountain and then descend back to Barafu camp for a short rest before you proceed to Mweka Camp to wind up your day.
Day 8Today is the final day on the mountain; enjoy your breakfast before descending to Mweka gate passing through forest zone. Upon arrival at the gate complete park formalities and tipping ceremony with your support team. Our driver will then transfer you to Moshi. End of services.