OverviewThis is one of three popular routes up to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. There are lots of combinations and other routes too, so please enquire with our team if you’d like to see more options.
- Chanya Lodge
- Mandara Huts
- Horombo Huts
- Kibo Hut
- Horombo Huts
- Chanya Lodge
Duration:(8 Days/7 Nights)
Price From (based on 2 people sharing):US$2515 per Person
- 1 x night accommodation at Chanya Lodge on BB basis before trek (sharing basis)
- 1 x night accommodation at Chanya lodge on BB basis after trek (sharing basis)
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) conservation fees, entry fees, rescue fees, hut fees as applicable to the planned itinerary
- Kilimanjaro National park trained and certified English-speaking guide/s
- Trained and certified porters monitored by KPAP ensuring fair treatment (1 porter per person for personal mountain luggage of 15kg max.)
- Trained cook / chef and eating utensils (including cutlery and crockery).
- Meals indicated on the itinerary [B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner]
- 1 x transfer from Moshi to Park Gate per group and 1 x transfer from park gate to Moshi per group
- Safe and luggage storage at Chanya lodge while on trek
- Shared use of mountain huts
- 1 x sleeping mattress per person (provided in the Huts by Kilimanjaro National Park)
- Shared public toilet facilities at huts
- Boiled drinking water on trek (from first hut onwards)
- Basic first aid kit per group
- 1 emergency oxygen cylinder per group
- Additional acclimatisation day on trek
- International flights
- Tips / gratuities (see our fair and transparent tipping guide below)
- Water on the first day of trek
- Beverages such as soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Metal and hard plastic bottles, water bladders etc (note: no soft plastics are permitted on the mountain)
- Items of personal nature
Day 1Direct arrival at Chanya lodge. Pre-climb briefing on trekCheck in time: 12:00pmExpected briefing time: 17:00 pm
Day 2Depart from Moshi to Marangu gate, upon arrival at the gate complete park formalities ready for your trek. Your trek today will be through rain forest. You may encounter some wild animals on your way to Mandara hut. After a rest you will then trek to the rim of Maundi Crater with a spectacular view of Mawenzi peak. Later descend back to Mandara hut.
Day 3Proceed with your ascent through rain forest to heather and moorland. If cloudless you may see the views of Kibo and Mawenzi. On this day you will encounter different plant and bird species.
Day 4Today’s trek is designated for the acclimatization, while reserving some energy for the summit trek next day. You will hike to Mawenzi peak with your guide passing Zebra Rocks. You will then return to the hut for your dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5Continue ascending passed ‘the last water point’ traversing the saddle between Kibo and Mawenzi through the alpine desert zone.
Day 6Around mid-night you will start your summit trek a rocky and steep trail to Gilman’s point (5681m), Proceed to Uhuru peak, through a snow-covered trail. Spend few minutes on top, descend to Kibo hut for a short rest and later to Horombo hut for your last night on the mountain.
Day 7Proceed with your descent to the gate, upon arrival complete park formalities and tipping ceremony with the support team. Our driver will then transfer you to Moshi.
Day 8Check-out. End of our services. Optional: proceed for safari/proceed to the airport.