OverviewThis is one of three popular routes up to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. There are lots of combinations and other routes too, so please enquire with our team if you’d like to see more options.
- Machame Camp
- Shira Camp
- Barranco Camp
- Karanga Camp
- Barafu Camp
- Mweka Camp
Duration:(7 Days/6 Nights)
Price From (based on 2 people sharing):US$2875 per Person
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) conservation fees, entry fees, rescue fees, camping fees as applicable to the planned itinerary
- Kilimanjaro National park trained and certified English-speaking guide/s
- Trained and certified porters monitored by KPAP ensuring fair treatment (1 porter per person for personal mountain luggage of 15kg max.)
- Trained cook / chef and eating utensils (including cutlery and crockery).
- Meals indicated on the itinerary [B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner]
- 1 x transfer from Moshi to Park Gate per group and 1 x transfer from park gate to Moshi per group
- Boiled drinking water on trek (from first camp onwards)
- Basic first aid kit per group
- Camping chair/s, table/s, dining / mess tent
- Four season sleeping tent per two passengers sharing
- Shared public toilet facilities at campsites
- 1 emergency oxygen cylinder per group
- Additional acclimatization day on trek
- 1 x basic sleeping mat per person
- International flights
- Tips / gratuities (see our fair and transparent tipping guide below)
- Water on the first day of trek
- Beverages such as soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Metal and hard plastic bottles, water bladders etc (note: no soft plastics are permitted on the mountain)
- Items of personal nature
Day 1Depart Moshi to Machame gate, upon arrival at the park gate complete park formalities. Start your trek through lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro while enjoying the diverse flora and fauna of the rain forest.
Day 2Your trek today includes climbing up a steep ridge to a small cliff known as picnic site. Proceed with a gentle ascent to Shira Camp with a spectacular view of Kibo peak, Shira plateau and Meru peak if cloudless. You may also visit Shira cave after a short rest at the camp.
Day 3Proceed with a gentle ascent traversing southwest of Kilimanjaro passing through Lava Tower camp. Later descend to Great Barranco Valley for your overnight. Barranco camp is considered the most beautiful of all camps on Kilimanjaro. Hike to Lava tower camp give climber benefits for their bodies to adjust to high altitude.
Day 4This day is designed for acclimatization. Today you will conquer the Great Barranco Wall with the view of Heim glacier on the top. The trail winds down to Karanga Valley. You will then proceed with a steep climb to Karanga Camp.
Day 5Today your trek involves a steep climb where you may have a spectacular view of Kibo peak if cloudless. You will then proceed with your trek on empty and dry landscape to Barafu Camp. You will arrive at the camp early, have a good rest before your summit trek around midnight.
Day 6Around mid-night begins a steep climb over loose volcanic scree. Slow and steady pace will take you towards Stella point, take a short rest at Stella point (5685m), proceed with your ascent to Uhuru peak (5895m). You will probably encounter snow on your way to the peak. While at Uhuru peak you may have great view of Crater rim if cloudless. Spend few minutes on the top of the mountain and then descend back to Barafu camp for a short rest before you proceed to Mweka Camp to wind up your day.
Day 7Today is the final day on the mountain; enjoy your breakfast before descending to Mweka gate (1680m) passing through forest zone. Upon arrival at the gate complete park formalities and tipping ceremony with your support team. Our driver will then transfer you to Moshi. End of services
Other Kilimanjaro Climb
Kilimanjaro Climb – Lemosho Route to the summit
Kilimanjaro, climb the Africa's highest mountain and reach the summit via Lemosho route with our expert guides. Trek as a private climb or as part of a group.
Kilimanjaro Climb - Marangu Route
The tallest mountain in Africa, Kilimanjaro is a challenge even for the fittest. Hike and climb to the summit along Marangu route as part of a group or private